You can set up your email account so that an automatic reply is sent to emails you receive.
: ONLY use this facility if it's really necessary, e.g. if you need this to inform people that you're away. This is because if your account auto-responds to spam emails, this can confirm your address to the spammer and attract more spam. We do not recommend you have this turned on all the time.
Add an auto-reply:
- Login to Webmail.
- Click the arrow next to your email address in the top right of the screen, then select 'Autoresponders'.
- Click the 'Add Autoresponder' button.
- Enter 0 (zero) in 'Interval' or you can enter another interval number if you prefer.
- Fill in the 'From' box with the name you want the auto-reply to come from.
- Fill in the 'Subject' and 'Body' with your auto-reply subject and message.
- If you would like to only send auto-replies during a set period, select this using the 'Start' and 'Stop' options.
- Click the 'Create/Modify' button.