Tips & advice to help you manage your space usage:
- To check how much space you are currently using and details of which folders are using the space, please see here.
- If your account is full you will need to delete some emails from your online account or upgrade your disk space.
- If you wish to save emails to your computer before deleting them, you can do this either in Webmail or using your email software/app (IMAP logins only). Periodically saving older emails from all your folders and then deleting them from your online account will help manage your space.
- If you wish to save emails to your computer in Webmail, highlight the messages and click 'More' (above the email list) > Download > Select the appropriate option. Once you have saved emails to your computer, you can delete them in Webmail to clear space. If you receive an error while deleting emails in Webmail, have a look here.
- If you wish to save emails from your email software/app rather than Webmail, simply follow the instructions in your software/app help to save emails to your computer. You can also delete emails directly from your software to clear space. Note this only applies to IMAP logins (not POP).
- If there are any emails in your Trash folder after deleting emails, remember to empty the Trash folder too.
- If you only use one computer/device to login to any one email address, consider using email software/app with POP3 login so all your emails are automatically stored on your computer and you never run out of space - more details.
- If you already use email software/app with POP login, your account may be full because you have your software set to leave emails on the server forever. You can change this in your email software/app settings (often found in the advanced settings) - set it to leave emails on the server for say 30 days.
- If you'd like more overall space in your account, you can upgrade your disk space.