If you're having problems sending emails in your email software/app:
- If you're receiving a security warning when sending emails, please see here.
- Check all your settings with those listed here. If any settings are wrong, please correct them and try sending again.
In particular, you should check:
- The Outgoing/SMTP Mailserver is correct.
- Outgoing/SMTP Authentication is ON. If not, you'll receive an error similar to "authentication required", "relaying not allowed" or "mail or recipient rejected by the server".
- Your username and password are set correctly in your OUTGOING settings.
- The outgoing port number is correct.
- You have SSL turned on in your outgoing settings.
- Firewalls and security software such as anti-virus programs can sometimes cause problems with email. Try temporarily disabling any firewall/security software you have on your computer to see if that is causing the issue (remember to turn your firewall back on afterwards).
- Try turning off SSL in your outgoing settings and change the outgoing port number to 587. It's NOT recommended to leave these settings in place because it's not secure, but it will tell you if the SSL setting is the problem. If so, if you're software supports it you can turn on STARTTLS instead of SSL and use the outgoing port number 587. If you can't see any reference to STARTTLS, try turning on SSL and setting the port number to 587.
If the above doesn't solve the issue, please contact us
with a description of the problem and the exact/full error message that you receive in your email software/app so we can assist further.